Drink for the fall (part 3)
Coconut Pumpkin Spice Latte
Ingredients Coconut Coffee Base
- 1/2 cup freshly ground coffee grounds.
- 2 cups of coconut water (Zyco, sold at IGA)
Ingredients Latte (2 servings)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (you can do it yourselve, ingredients below)
- A pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Half of vanilla bean
- 1 ½ cups canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut water
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut coffee base (from above)
- Whipped cream (flavor that you want)
- Cinnamon, nutmeg and/or ginger for garnish
Ingredients pie spice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
Preparation Coffee Base
- In a large 4 cup glass measuring cup, combine the coffee grounds and the coconut water
- Cover and let sit at room temperature overnight or up to 4 days in the fridge.
- The next morning, strain the coffee through a coffee filter. Set the filtered coffee aside.
- If you want to do everything at the same time
- You can combine the coffee grounds and coconut water in a small sauce pot, cover and bring to a simmer
- Simmer 5 minutes and then remove from the heat and let sit another 5 minutes.
- Strain the coffee, keep warm.
- In a small sauce pan, combine the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, a tiny pinch of black pepper and the maple syrup.
- Cook the mixture, stirring often until the pumpkin is hot and fragrant.
- . Slowly stir in the coconut milk, 1/2 cup of coconut water and vanilla.
- Bring the mixture to a low simmer, stirring often to ensure the mixture does not boil over.
- When then mixture is steaming hot, remove it from the heat.
- Using a small whisk or a fork, whisk with all your might until frothy (or add to a blender and blend for 1 minute).
- Now take the warm coffee and if needed reheat (1 minute microwave). Pour in a mug and then add the frothed milk mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and a dusting of cinnamon if desired.
Preparation for the spice
- Stir to combine. Store in a sealed jar for up to 1 year.