Roasted Acorn squash, microgreens and quinoa salad
- 1 tbsp Tahini paste (sesame paste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Garlic (2 cloves of garlic)
- 2 tbsp Oregano (1-2 sprigs of oregano, use only leave, or use ½ tbsp dried)
- 2 tbsp Cilantro (only leaves)
- ½ Jala peno ( or ½ of fresno chili, seed removed, both optional)
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper (as per taste)
Roasted Squash Ingredients
- 1 lbs acorn squash (1 average acorn squash, dice into bite-size pieces)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked red pepper (or smoked paprika)
- Salt (1 pinch or two)
- ½ cups migrogreens (like mustard or kale)
- ¼ cup Quinoa
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven at 425°F (218°C).
- Slice acorn to bite size pieces. Acorn’s skin get very soft on roasting, so no need to peel the skin.
- On a baking sheet, drizzle 1 tablespoon oil on squash and toss well, spread squash in a single layer.
- Season with salt and the paprika. Roast squash, tossing halfway through, until golden and tender, about 25 minutes.
- To make dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor jar.
- To make dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a food processor jar. Pulse to make a dressing! You can also puree it very fine.
- Transfer dressing to a glass jar or container and set aside.
- To cook quinoa, rinse quinoa, add to a medium saucepan with salt and 1/2 cup of water, bring to a rolling boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender and sprouted, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl, and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- Once squash is tender, transfer it to a salad bowl.
- Add quinoa, half of the dressing and toss to combine gently.
- Mix in micro greens just before serving.
- Drizzle rest of the dressing on top.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature!