Autumn is starting to arrive with small steps, why not warm up by drinking a few drinks with fall flavoring
Honey Bee Latte
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 Tbs. dark amber raw honey
- Double shot of espresso
- 6-8 oz. steamed, foamed milk
- Grated nutmeg
- Put the honey in the bottom of a mug, and pull or pour the hot espresso over it. Stir gently to dissolve the honey.
- Pour in the steamed milk and milk foam. Top with a little sprinkling of grated nutmeg.
Dirty chai latte
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 12 oz. (354 ml) whole milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cardamom pods
- 5 peppercorns, pink or black
- 1 ½ inch chunk of fresh ginger, peeled, and partially smashed with the flat of a large knife
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 2 sachets of black tea
- 2 shots of espresso
- Lightly crush the spices together (with a mortar and pestle).
- Put the spices and the milk in a saucepan, bring just to a boil, then turn off the heat.
- Allow to steep 8 minutes.
- Add the black tea and allow to steep 5 more minutes. Strain the milk.
- Return it to the saucepan (get any remaining spices out of the saucepan).
- Stir in the honey, split the spiced milk between two mugs and add a shot of espresso to each.
Ingredients Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon (pink Himalayan sea salt or other)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla bean powder ou 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Ingredients Pumpkin Spice Latte (1 serving)
- 2 tablespoons (1 shot/1 ounce) espresso
- 1 cup unsweetened almond beverage
- 3-4 teaspoons Salted Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Dash cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, for garnish
Preparation Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- Whisk together all syrup ingredients in a medium pot.
- Put over medium heat, simmer for about 5-6 minutes
- Stirring frequently, until smooth and slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat. Once cool, pour leftovers into a jar and secure lid
Preparation for the latte
- Prepare the espresso, you can buy some from a coffee shop and refrigerate them for 1-2 days.
- Add milk into a small pot, heat over medium and bring to a simmer.
- Immediately remove from heat, froth the milk using a milk frother or a French Press. (30-60 seconds)
- Pour hot espresso into a mug. Top with all of the frothy milk.
- Add 3-4 teaspoons of the syrup, to taste, and gently stir to combine.
- Top with a dash of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- The syrup will keep in an air-tight container in the fridge for at least 2 weeks.