Ingredients (1 serving)
- 45 ml (1 1/2 oz.) Irish Cream liqueur
- Long espresso
- Chocolate milk
- Iced treat like a fudge bar or marshmallow
- Combine Irish Cream liqueur and long espresso in a Mason jar.
- Add fudge bar.
- Top up with chocolate milk to cover fudge bar.
- Stir using fudge bar.
Ingredients (6 servings)
- 3½ cups heavy cream, divided
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ cup Myers dark rum
- ½ cup Crown Royal whiskey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, plus more for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat 2½ cups of the cream over medium-low heat until it begins to simmer around the edges of the pan (do not let it boil).
- While the cream is heating, whisk together the eggs, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Ladle out 1 cup of the warm cream mixture and slowly pour it into the egg mixture, whisking constantly.
- Scrape all of the egg mixture into the saucepan. Continue to cook, stirring constantly with a rubber spatula.
- When stirring it is necessary to be sure to scrape the bottom of the pan so that nothing sticks.
- Stir until the mixture thickens and coats the back of the spatula, a few minutes.
- The mixture should register 170 to 175 degrees F on an instant-read digital thermometer.
- Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a clean bowl and allow to cool for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in the rum, whiskey, vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon of the freshly grated nutmeg.
- Whip the remaining 1 cup of heavy cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the eggnog mixture, making sure the whipped cream is completely incorporated.
- Serve immediately, topping each serving with a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg.
- The eggnog can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Be sure to gently whisk before serving.