Here we are again ! This time of the year where so many holidays parties begin. So why not get into this festive atmosphere with a few winter drinks ?
- 45 ml (1 1/2 oz.) vanilla-flavoured vodka
- 15 ml (1/2 oz.) raspberry liqueur
- Champagne or Sparkling wine
- Splash of cranberry juice
- Ice cubes
- 1 strawberry
- Combine the vodka, raspberry liqueur and cranberry juice in shaker filled with ice cubes
- Shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds.
- Strain into a flute using an ice strainer.
- Top up with champagne or sparkling wine.
- Garnish with a strawberry.
Gingerbread Latte with Salted Caramel Sugar
Ingredients salted caramel sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Flakery sea salt
Ingredients Latte (2 servings)
- 2 cups of lite of full fat caned coconut milk (or your favorite milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger
- 2 tablespoons of molasses
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons of vanilla extrat
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of brew black coffee, steaming hot
- Freshly grated nutmeg for serving
- Whipped cream (garnish)
- Fresh baked gingerbead cookies, for serving and eating
Preparation salted caramel sugar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat (silicone cooking cloth).
- In a large, dry, deep, heavy pot cook the sugar over moderately high heat, stirring constantly with a heat proof rubber spatula until the sugar has melted and turns a deep golden caramel color.
- Remove from the heat and carefully pour the caramel onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread in an even, thin layer and sprinkle generously with flaky sea salt.
- Allow the caramel to sit 5 minutes.
- Once the caramel is hard, begin pulling away the parchment paper.
- Now crush the caramel into small pieces/shards with your hand.
- Alternately you can place the caramel in a bag and use a hammer to smash the caramel into small shards !
Preparation Latte (2 servings)
- Combine all the ingredients except the coffee in a medium size pot and bring to a simmer, heating the mixture until it is steaming.
- When the mixture is steaming hot, remove it from the heat.
- Using a small whisk or a fork, whisk with all your might until frothy (or add to a blender and blend for 1 minute).
- Now take the warm coffee and if needed reheat on the stove, or for one minute in the microwave.
- Stir the coffee into the milk mixture.
- Divide the latte between 1-2 mugs.
- Top with whipped cream, freshly grated nutmeg or if you are like me put some cinnamon, a sprinkle of the caramel sugar and a gingerbread cookie.
Ingredients (2 servings)
- 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup
- 2 graham crackers, finely crushed
- 2 marshmallows
- 1/2 cup of marshmallow vodka (at the SAQ you will find flavored Smirnoff vodka)
- 1/2 cup of chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream (35%)
- Add chocolate syrup to a small rimmed plate.
- Add finely crushed graham crackers to a second rimmed plate or low bowl.
- Using two 8oz martini glasses, carefully dip the rim of one into the chocolate sauce, then the graham cracker crumbs.
- Repeat with second glass. If you desired, you could had a drizzle of chocolate syrup around the inside of the glass. Place in the freezer to harden for 30-60 minutes..
- Mix vodka, milk and cream, let it cool until you’re ready to drink.
- Fill a shaker half with ice and the other half with the liquid.
- Mix well and pour into the glass. Repeat for 2nd glass.
- Serve with marshmallows.